Sunday, February 22, 2009

Meeting with the project development team

I looked into more than 130 discussion forums on Ning developer site to identify similar cases to our project. I found the contents of discussions very useful. The community members raised a lot of queries and solutions which answered a lot of my questions. By looking at the size of the Ning developers community and the high volume and diversity of discussion forums, it made me realise how enthusiastic Ning is in promoting and encouraging the development work on its infrastructure especialy its dedication to online support.
I arranged a meeting with Sam Rowley on 26th January to show him my findings towards Widgets, Gadgets and OpenSocial applications, he was satisfied with the outcome of the research. We then together narrowed down the research into smaller sections and came to conclusion that we need to implement OpenSocial application version 0.8 (the latest) for the project.